Thursday, May 14, 2009

Finals Week

Newly Planted TOMATOES. 
TOMATO SUPPORT:  I Decided to go with 8ft. 1x2's, I think it will work. 
I dug a hole about 18 inches deep, put the pole in and then anchored it with garden pebbles at the base.
They look great I just hope they last the summer.
By the way: My spacing isn't correct, they should be a lot more spaced out, It got a little cramped half way down the line.
My Strawberries that are doing great, I already have 5 little green guys growing.
Sienna Lounging.
Behind her is the first row of Tomatoes, a row of nine. (Only 5 planted so far)
The tall poles are the five I planted, the teepee on either side is for the Roma Tomatoes 
Roma is the only variety I'm growing this year that is Determinate
 The other 4, Mortgage Lifter, Sungold, Rainbow Cherry, and Black Krim are all Indeterminate.
The difference????

Determinate- bush types which are usually early bearing and do not need staking, this happens because they are genetically controlled & their terminal buds set fruit and stop the plant from growing 
Indeterminate- are the later-maturing varieties that are taller and need staking.  

I do little 5 ft. bamboo pole teepees for my Determinates help them along.
Sometimes the fruit gets to heavy for the vine. (I baby them)


I have been so sick for the past week, worst timing.

So in the past, to sum it up real quick
- I lost my job, now I have two!
- Been going to the park
-Trying to convince Chris to move back
-Finishing up the semester
-GARDENING


No comments: